Kor'sia Dance Company - Mattia Russo
Born in the province of Avellino, began studying classical and contemporary dance at the National Academy in Rome, then in Milan, at the Teatro alla Scala Ballet School, where he graduated in 2008. He began his career at the Choreographic Center the Generalitat Valenciana, in Spain, and then work for Introdans, later for the Compañía Nacional de Danza in Madrid. Mattia Russo over the years has worked with several choreographers including: Gustavo Ramirez Sansano, Nacho Duato, Ramon Oller, Mats Ek, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Jiri Kylian, Robert Battle, Didy Veldman, Hans van Manen, William Forsythe, Goyo Montero , Itzik Galili, Ohad Naharin, Joan Inger.
As a choreographer created ballets created for the Compañía Nacional de Danza, Victor Ullate Ballet, Konzert theatre Bern,CCN Ballet de l?Opéra national du Rhin and Kor?sia.
In August of 2014 he received the "Young Talent" by the International Dance Festival Positano? Leonide Massine?
- 1 Prize International Choreography Competition NEW YORK- BURGOS,
- 2nd Prize Certamen Choreographic de Madrid. Madrid, España 2014.2nd
- 2 Prize Copenhagen Intenational Choreography Competition. Copenhagen, Danemark 2015
- 1 Prize 21° Concours Chorégraphique Contemporain Jeunes Compagnies, France.
- 1 Prize Résidende Création 2015 Conseil Regional de Bourgogne & Synodales. Sens, France.
- 1 Prize Young Choreographers? Competition Bordeaux National Opera?s Ballet, the Malandain Ballet Biarritz with the CCN Ballet de l?Opéra national du Rhin.
- 1 Prize TANZPLATTFORM BERN | International dance festival and competition for choreographers.
- Selects Aerowaves Twenty of the most promising emerging choreographers in Europe 2019/2020.